Sep 23, 2013

Vika Gazinskaya

       I love weird silhouettes. I believe that however outrageous, clothing as abstractions are fascinating. Where so many cerebral frocks fall into a state of arrested development, the truly wonderful not only fit, but tell stories on a body.

      There is something really special about designer Vika Gazinskaya. I don't know that much about her; I've only recently discovered her through her 2013 Fall/Winter Collection [below]. Instantly, her work strikes me hard - her designs are so clever and inspired.
      She's really hit on some awesome things with this collection. Her thick overcoats remind me of the backs of beetles and Akaky Akakievich. Her hidden-pants are so smart. I especially love her representation of old-ladies' large costume jewelry in the fashion of old folksy hooked rugs! I can't tell if her use of faux-fur is a commentary on 'fur in fashion' or an object of whimsy. Either way, Spot approves!














 





No comments:

Post a Comment