Feb 17, 2015

Chickadee Hill Flowers

Winter has got a lockjaw on the island right now and she is not letting go anytime soon. Winter reminds me of playing fetch with dog who won't give up her fetching stick. Once you do succeed in chucking her stick as far as you can, she brings it right back to you and refuses to give it up again. It takes so much effort to thrive during winter. The summer is short. Summer is salvation.

Gazing at these absolutely exquisite flower arrangements from my pal Chickadee Hill Flowers has been like medicine. Her work is beyond superb. Not only is she a brilliant artist, she also grows most of her materials (an appreciable task!). Maybe they will fill you with as much awe and hope as they have me. I can hardly remember what it feels like to have full sunshine beating down on my back as I turn warm fragrant soil with fork.
 

by Wylde Photography

Here's a picture of all of us on a lunch break during one of our biggest flower arranging gigs of the summer. As tight as our schedule was, we still found time to have some lunch in the sunshine.



No comments:

Post a Comment