Jul 18, 2014

Red no.7

Mia Wasikowska in Interview magazine editorial. wrinkles, no eyebrows, bleached eyebrows, dusty rose red lips, lipstick. Styling by Karl Templer, photography by Craig McDean muted pallette.
Styling by Karl Templer, photography by Craig McDean / via
My current color treasure hunt is this red on Mia Wasikowska's lips from the August 2014 issue of Interview magazine. I've found it on dusty old dried roses hanging in closets... now, tell me: WHERE oh WHERE does it exist in a lipstick tube? Hmmmm?
I'm not huge on buying and having lots of things, but necessity means I do go hunting from time to time. My wardrobe staples wear out so infrequently and I usually fix them when they do, so I seldom need to replace my major players. Thinking on it, the way I approach building a wardrobe is actually more akin to the acquisitions of professional hockey teams. My current overcoat's contract is up next winter. She's won me many Stanley Cups and I believe the league should retire her number after she leaves. The hunt for a rookie replacement will be an exciting chase - I've been scouting a few talented players from the remotest islands in Canada.
In the meantime I'll just stick to making little fruitfly traps and putting them near my garbage can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment