Jun 14, 2013

Resort 2014

     Resort collections. I am not the sort of person who jets away on summer-long holidays but I can definitely appreciate the ideas behind Resort Collection clothes; they're not fussy, and neither are vacations!  Below I've pulled together my favorite looks from this season.  Currently I am into anything that references nightgowns. I love my bed and I love pajamas.  My favorite looks are the ones that would be great for running around on a golf course at 4:00AM without shoes on (in a nightgown). Quick nod to the tiny little ma stuffeddoggie - whose giant oversize style is always an inspiration (and who wears the cutest nightgowns you'll ever see)!!

I love everything about this. It's so simple! How many things is she wearing? Like, 3. The sleeves remind me of a woman in a nice blouse who pushed hers up momentarily to dead-head some flowers in the garden.
See by Chloe, Resort 2014 orange dress with push-up sleeves. shiny sneakers
See by Chloe, Resort 2014

A dressed-up summer uniform that reminds me of an adolescent witch-in-training. A robe with some party-bows at the hip.

Stella McCartney, Resort 2014 - short black dress with satin bows at the hip. kiki's delivery service
Stella McCartney, Resort 2014

I love The Row.  Mary-Kate and Ashley are killing it! This season's "uniforms" are amazing.  I especially love the pairing here - a big soft fisherman's sweater with a beautiful neck, a long skirt cascading its drapery at the sides, and old man loafers.

The Row, Resort 2014 - dusty rose fishermen's sweater. long skirt gathered at the hip
The Row, Resort 2014

This outfit is wonderful. That leather folder really makes the whole thing. 

The Row, Resort 2014 - soft leather folder, calf-length white dress, clean and neat
The Row, Resort 2014

There's something so cool about a high-waisted bare midriff, especially when it's between fat trousers and a short sweatshirt. (What a weird thing - the shoulder seam is near her elbows and the sleeves have been cut-off at her hip! I love it!)

Derek Lam, Resort 2014 - 70's tough chick, square poskets, cropped top, cropped sweatshirt, sweatshirt cut down to size, high-waisted trousers
Derek Lam, Resort 2014

These sleeves are great. They remind me of rolled-up poster board.  I like how this dress is like a soft and structured suit of armor that has nipples.

Alexander Wang, Resort 2013 - white suit of armor with nipples
Alexander Wang, Resort 2013

This one makes me laugh. This whole collection does. It's probably the shoes.  I love the fabric here, and the tunic-neck.  It's so... BIG, it's like OUT THERE. It's great!

Ellery, Resort 2014 - oversize, ill-fitting little dress, large wooden shoes, japanese, little girl 
Ellery, Resort 2014

A little bit nun, a little bit french-girl. Like a cool stone church on a hot day.

Lanvin, Resort 2014 - classic and cool french girl, nun
Lanvin, Resort 2014

Looks like Alexander Wang has been into Cristóbal Balenciaga's cookie jar! This piece is such a wonderful nod to Balenciaga's classic designs - with a cool twist of Wang's signature modern and futuristic active-wear.
Balenciaga has always been one of my favorites. Really, I owe it all to Nicolas Ghesquière... Since he left the helm as creative director I've been anxious to see what will happen. I like it!

Balenciaga, Resort 2014 - old balenciaga meets wang,         Looks like Alexander Wang has been into Cristóbal Balenciaga's cookie jar! This piece is such a wonderful nod to Balenciaga's classic designs - with a cool twist of Wang's signature modern and futuristic active-wear.
Balenciaga, Resort 2014

I like the presentation of this ensemble.  Out-of-the-bath! Escape the house in sneakers without socks! There's a fine line between bell-sleeves and gypsy caravan - I think that Giles skirts it just fine.  This whole collection is full of weird riffs on pajama pants and is really fun and cheeky/ugly.  I'm not usually into models but I like this girl's spark. I can't seem to find out who she is. Check out the full collection here.

Giles, Resort 2014 - white nightgown with wet bathtime hair, sneakers
Giles, Resort 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment