Aug 23, 2012

Watermelon

      Pretty much all I've accomplished today is eating an entire watermelon with a spoon and listening to Ben E. King records.

watermelon striped shirt, stuffeddoggie holds a watermelon in the summer sunshine
Private

      I love watermelons and I don't care how sticky I get when I'm eating them because, you know, it's summertime.  You know who else loves watermelons? JAPAN!

a square japanese watermelon, expensive shaped fruit, $300 USD
$300 square watermelon. Photo by laughlin


a square japanese watermelon, expensive shaped fruit, $300 USD
$230 portable watermelon cooler keeps your melon cool and can even heat it up. Via JOYBOND



Japanese Gas tank in Tomisato, Chiba prefecture painted to look like a watermelon
Gas tank in Tomisato, Chiba prefecture. Via This is my brother!


      Lastly, a scene from the film Kikujiro (1999). Takeshi Kitano plays a totally gauche but endearing grump who finds himself playing guardian to dorky little Masao. They have lots of weird adventures out in rural Japan enroute looking for Masao's mom. And they eat watermelons.



watermelon guys, Kikujiro

Happy eating, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment